Hours of Operation: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 9:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
Tuesday and Thursday 9:00 A.M.-6:00 P.M.
Closed for lunch 11:30 A.M.-12:30 P.M.
Phone: 601-786-3982
Fax: 601-786-0048

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Before you cuddle up around the Fireplace this Winter!! Be Cautious!!

Source:  www.nfpa.com















When enjoying your fireplace, stove or insert, it’s important to remember these basic safety precautions:

• Fireplaces, stoves and inserts, become hot during operation whether they burn gas, pellets or wood. Keep clothing, furniture, draperies and other flammable materials a safe distance away.
 
• Fireplace glass and other surfaces get extremely HOT and can cause burns if touched. Factory-provided protective safety screens, or aftermarket free-standing screens or barriers help to reduce the risk of serious burns, as they can prevent skin from coming into direct contact with the glass or fire. However, screens also retain heat so touching them is not advised.
 
• Keep children away from fireplaces, stoves and inserts. All parts of these appliances get extremely hot and should be treated with caution. Supervise children and pets to ensure they stay a safe distance away.
 
• Fireplaces, stoves and inserts (and their surrounding material) will remain hot for a period of time after being turned off, so caution should be used at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment